To Our Loyal Customers:
During these uncertain times, Nueske’s is committed to keeping you informed by detailing steps we are taking to keep our employees and customers safe during the current COVID-19 event.
We would like to share the current information regarding proactive steps we have taken to minimize service disruptions to you, our customer, and to keep our employees, partners, and products as safe as possible:
- We are committed to keeping current with all local, state, and government mandates regarding COVID-19, as they develop
- Although Wisconsin’s 10-person-or-less gathering rule is not being mandated for manufacturers, we are observing it by taking the following steps:
- Using telecommunications in place of meetings over 10 persons
- Increased physical distancing of seating in common areas such as break rooms, production facilities, and office spaces
- We are limiting visitors and screening any essential service people, vendors, or visitors who require entry, using a custom screening questionnaire
- Wipes and/or sanitizers are available in our common areas
- We are committed to educating employees on healthy behaviors and processes per CDC guidelines
- We are working closely with our supply chain to do our best to mitigate potential service disruptions
- Regarding our scheduling:
- We have suspended our attendance program to allow flexibility during this time
- We are developing a flexible schedule to allow us to keep operations running smoothly
- Any employee who exhibits symptoms will not be allowed in the workplace. Symptoms include: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath. Any employee showing these symptoms, who is already in the workplace, will be immediately sent home.
- We are accustomed to operating in an already-stringent food safety environment, giving us a substantial head-start in dealing with sanitation and cleanliness. Members of our Sanitation and Quality Assurance teams are well-versed in areas relating to disinfecting, sanitizing, and cleaning our facilities accordingly, in addition to keeping our food products safe for all to enjoy.
The last point, above, is of paramount importance to us now and always, as it is part of Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats’ core values. We work hard to provide you with the very best food safety.
Nueske’s has what is called a BRC (British Retail Consortium) audit rating of “AA”, which is taken very seriously. This rating was earned, again, in December of 2019. BRC audits are amongst the highest rating systems for quality and are certified through GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative); they are an internationally recognized and standardized third-party, certified audit. Our production facility is vigilant in holding our food safety procedures to the highest standard during this time – as we always do. Whether we are protecting our product and our consumers from foodborne illnesses (COVID-19 is not considered a foodborne illness) or protecting our employees from COVID-19, we are accustomed to taking the utmost care in the areas of cleanliness and sanitation.
Our goal is to continue providing you with excellent food safety with as little disruption to service as possible. Our commitment to keeping our employees and others as safe as possible during this unprecedented event is strong, as is our commitment to continue to bring safe, high-quality smoked meats to the market through retail, home delivery, and foodservice channels.
From my family to yours, know that we appreciate you and your business and that we wish you safety and health.
Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats