Ham Ball Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Clove Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 Medium Onion, minced
- 1 1/2 C. Nueske's Applewood Smoked (Boneless) Ham, coarsely chopped
- 2 C. Sauerkraut, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1/4 C. Bread Crumbs, finely textured
- 1 Large Egg, frothed with fork
- 1 tsp. Dry Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, minced
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
Ham Ball Breading Ingredients:
- 1 Large Egg White, frothed with fork
- 1/2 C. Flour
- 1 C. Dry Bread Crumbs, finely textured
- Peanut Oil, for frying
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 C. Mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. Dijon Mustard
Sauté garlic and onion in pan about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and mix with other ham ball ingredients (but not Ham Ball Breading Ingredients). Use hands to form into 1 1/2”–2” balls.
To bread the ham balls, put flour, egg, and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Roll each ball in flour, then in egg, and finally in bread crumbs.
Heat 2” of oil to 375°F. Fry until crisp and golden brown (about 3 minutes), turning them as necessary. Place fried ham balls on a double thickness of paper towels, on a cookie sheet, in oven preheated to 200°F, to keep warm before serving.
For dipping sauce, combine mayonnaise and mustard and serve with hot ham ball.
Ham Balls may be fried in advance, cooled and refrigerated. To reheat, place in a single layer on a cookie sheet; bake in a preheated oven at 350°F until crisp (about 20 minutes).